|Recyling is Happening in Western Mass. poster
||The “Yes and No” of What Can Go In the Recycling Boxes
- All paper and cardboard must be clean & dry
- Junk mail – Plastic windows okay
- Boxboard – Cereal, shoe, cracker boxes, clean pizza boxes, etc. Remove plastic liners.
- Paper bags
- White and colored office paper
- Computer paper
- Corrugated cardboard – Flatten, remove tape. Do not tie with string.
- Paperbacks and phone books -covers okay
- Glass bottles/jars, only clear, green, or brown, less than 2.5 gallons – Labels, lids, neck rings, etc. are ok.
- Aluminum, tin/steel cans and lids, and aluminum foil – Labels are ok.
- EMPTY aerosol cans from health, beauty, laundry or food products only. Do not puncture, pierce flatten or remove nozzles.
- Milk & juice cartons (tent top), drink boxes – Remove straws & caps, flatten.
- Plastic bottles, jars, and tubs. Caps, lids, and pumps are ok, but must be left on the container. No loose caps or lids.
- Clear plastic hinged containers (clamshells). No clamshells that are black plastic, styrofoam or compostable.
Remember to rinse containers before recycling.
No light bulbs, window or auto glass, dishes, glasses, Pyrex, ceramics, or broken glass.
No paint cans or other household metal objects.
No plastic bags, containers over 2.5 gallons, motor oil jugs, chemical or Styrofoam containers or flower pots.